Subject: Proposed change to scheme versioning

Hi folks,

We're about to issue DocBook V5.1b5. Which might be used to make DocBook Publishers V1.1b3.
Or maybe Simplified DocBook V1.3b1. Or...oh, this is insane!

I propose a new versioning mechanism:

DocBook V5.1b5.
DocBook XInclud V5.1b5.
DocBook Assembly V5.1b5.
DocBook Publishers V5.1b5-1.
Simplified DocBook V5.1b5-1.

If we fix a bug in Publishers, that'll make V5.1b5-2. If we fixed a
tiny little typo, we could even consider V5.1b5-1.1 I suppose.

When DocBook V5.1 is released, then we'll make Publishers V5.1-1, etc.

It's not perfect, but it sure seems like an improvement to me.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Men are more like the times they
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | live in than they are like their
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | fathers.--Ali Ibn-abi-talib