Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] assembly info proposal

"Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> writes:
> 2. For content intended to be included in the output, I would suggest
> <merge> instead of <override>. Whatever content is in merge is
> intended to be merged with the resources to generate the output.
> Exactly how it is merged is up the local application.

I'm happy with <merge> instead of <override>, but I still have a
preference for <info> as the wrapper for metadata about the element in
which it appears. That's what it means *everywhere else*. Yes, some
authors will get it wrong sometimes. And they won't get the results
they expect and they'll fix it.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | What are the thoughts of the
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | canvas on which a masterpiece is
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | being created? "I am being soiled,