OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 January 2012

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 January 2012

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 18 January 2012 at 01:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Paul Grosso, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh

Regrets:  Dick Hamilton

Absent: Jirka Kosek

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 15 February 2012
Changed to 22 February 2012.

4. Review of the agenda.

Scott announced that the Publishers Subcommittee will meet 25 January.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Bob to add contributed Publisher's stylesheets to the XSL distribution.

 b.  Norm to post Simplfied DocBook 5.0 to docbook.org.

 c.  Gerson to propose content models for result element(s)
     (RFE 3163121).

d. Norm will clarify the resolution of RFE 3107140 aconym expansion inline
 e.  Norm to incorporate Larry's help assembly doc [2] into
     The Definive Guide.

 f.  Norm to publish Simplified, Website, and Slides schemas
     based on DocBook 5.

 g.  Norm to clarify in TDG that DocBook common attributes
     on structure are normally copied to the output
     root element.

 h.  Norm to resolve ambiguity problems with XSD
     and publish XSD 5.0 and 5.1b again.
     COMPLETED 5.0, but not 5.1

 i.  Bob to write up an assembly schema modeling the
     info elements with suggested names for discussion next month.

 j.  Norm to add new media support to DocBook 6.0 beta.

6. DocBook assembly
Reviewed Bob's assembly info proposal. [3]

Members liked the change from element name "override"
to "merge" for content to be merged into  the output.

For metadata about assembly elements,
the committee did not like the suggestion of individual
info elements per assembly element.  Discussed whether
to use "info" or "assemblyinfo" as the element name
for metadata about assembly elements.  We agreed that this
feature would not be heavily used.  A straw poll showed
lack of consensus, but only soft support for assemblyinfo.

The proposal to use info and merge element names was approved.

ACTION: Norm to implement these changes in 5.1

ACTION: Bob to update his assembly stylesheets.

7.  Extended XLink support

Continued from last meeting.
Norm did not get any feedback on his proposal.

ACTION: Larry to review Norm's proposal.

8. Transclusion in DocBook
Any progress at W3C?
The W3C is moving, but slowly. We will continue to
monitor their progress.

9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0
1907003 biblioid content model too broad
   RFEs under discussion
2820947 Ability to transclude text 3035565 Allow sections at any level 3107140 aconym expansion inline 3156768 <result> tag

Not everyone received Gershon's proposal for result element,
so we will discuss it at the next meeting.

     3439101   MusicXML in DocBook: incorrect use of docbook

ACTION: Larry to respond about using elements from other


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201112/msg00002.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201108/msg00018.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201201/msg00005.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]