OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 22 February 2012

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 22 February 2012

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 22 February 2012 at
01:00p ET.

1. Roll call

Dick Hamilton, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton

Regrets:  Paul Grosso, Nancy Harrison, Jirka Kosek, Norm Walsh

2. Accepted the amended minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 21 March 2012
4. Review of the agenda.

Add 5a: Publishers subcommittee report.
Add 5b: Google Summer of Code

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Bob to add contributed Publisher's stylesheets to the XSL distribution.
CONTINUE ACTION: Bob to send Nick's stylesheets to Scott

b. Norm will clarify the resolution of RFE 3107140 aconym expansion inline CONTINUE

 c.  Norm to resolve ambiguity problems with XSD
     and publish XSD 5.1b again.

 d.  Norm to implement assembly info changes in 5.1.

 e.  Bob to update his assembly stylesheets.

 f.  Larry to review Norm's Extended XLink proposal.
g. Larry to respond to RFE3439101 about using elements
     from other namespaces.

5a.  Publishers subcommittee

Scott reported that the Publishers subcommittee met last week,
and agree to start on version 1.1 of the Publisher's schema.
They closed three tickets, and will post a call to the mailing
list for suggestions for new features.

5b.  Google Summer of Code

Dick suggested that if we have projects for mentored students,
we should add them to a DocBook proposal.  He has set up
a Wiki site at docbook.xmlpress.net.  There is a small
stipend for mentors.   The deadline for proposal is
early March, so action is required soon.
Dick said he would write the proposal.

6. DocBook assembly
The committee agreed that we have completed this phase of the work
and need to roll it out.  We await Norm's update to the schema
and Bob's update to the stylesheets.

7.  Extended XLink support

Postponed due to Norm's absence.

8. Transclusion in DocBook
Please review Norm's posting of W3C work [2]
Postponed due to Norm's absence.

9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0
1907003 biblioid content model too broad
   RFEs under discussion
2820947 Ability to transclude text 3035565 Allow sections at any level 3107140 aconym expansion inline 3156768 <result> tag

Gershon posted a proposed list of elements. [3]
Larry thought it was a good list.
Both wondered if an existing named pattern in the schema can
be used for this element.

ACTION: Bob to ask Norm if such a pattern already exists.

     3439101   MusicXML in DocBook: incorrect use of docbook

Larry closed this item after responding to it.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201201/msg00021.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-xinclude-11-requirements-20120214/
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201201/msg00015.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]