OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 March 2012

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 March 2012

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 21 March 2012 at
01:00p ET.

1. Roll call

Dick Hamilton, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton,
Norm Walsh

Regrets:  Scott Hudson

Absent: Nancy Harrison, Jirka Kosek

2. Accepted the amended minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 18 April 2012?

Some conflicts with that date.
Will resolve via email.

4. Review of the agenda.

Add DocBook 6 item.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Bob to send contributed Publisher's stylesheets to Scott.

b. Norm will clarify the resolution of RFE 3107140 aconym expansion inline COMPLETED

 c.  Norm to resolve ambiguity problems with XSD
     and publish XSD 5.1b again.

 d.  Norm to implement assembly info changes in 5.1.

 e.  Bob to update his assembly stylesheets.

 f.  Larry to review Norm's Extended XLink proposal.
g. Bob to ask Norm if an appropriate RNG pattern exists
     for the pending <result> element.

ACTION: Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finalized.

ACTION: Norm to publish 5.1b7.

6.  Publisher's subcommittee


7.  Google Summer of Code

Here is a link to the application [3]
Dick reported that the application was accepted, and
that we have participants and mentors.  Any TC
members could serve as mentors or mentor consultants.

8. DocBook assembly
Rollout will proceed with DocBook 5.1b7 and
Bob's stylesheets in DocBook XSL 1.77 to be released soon.

9.  Extended XLink support

Continued from last meeting.

10. Transclusion in DocBook
Please review Norm's posting of W3C work [2]

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0
1907003 biblioid content model too broad
   RFEs under discussion
2820947 Ability to transclude text 3035565 Allow sections at any level 3107140 aconym expansion inline 3156768 <result> tag

  New RFEs
     3491860   license tag

Some discussion of whether legalnotice can work here, and
if legalnotice should be allowed elsewhere.

     3500814   Add pgwide to informalexample and informalequation

This appears to be an oversight, so Norm will fix in 5.1.

ACTION: Norm to add pgwide to all informal* elements in 5.1


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201202/msg00010.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-xinclude-11-requirements-20120214/
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201203/msg00065.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]