Subject: indexterm: primary optional

Back a couple of years ago, RFE 2900458, "Make xml:id required on start-of-range index terms," was filed and deferred to 6.0 to avoid backwards compatibility problems (I'm not quite sure what the incompatibility was). Here is the link:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2900458&group_id=21935&atid=384107

There is a related issue that I've run into, and I want to see if it is also backwards incompatible or if it can be handled earlier.

<indexterm/>
<indexterm><secondary>some term</secondary</indexterm>

So, the question I have is whether this situation should be lumped into the previous RFE and turn it into a general "clean up index term" RFE for 6.0, or are there parts that could be handled in an earlier release?

Either way, I'm glad to either create a new RFE or update the current one.

Best Regards,
Dick Hamilton
-------
XML Press