OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 May 2012

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 May 2012

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 16 May 2012 at
01:00p ET for 30 minutes.

1. Roll call

Present: Scott Hudson, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh

Regrets:  Jirka Kosek

Absent: Nancy Harrison, Dick Hamilton

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous (March) meeting.

3. Next meeting: 20 June 2012
4. Review of the agenda.

Move Extended XLink item up in the sequence.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Bob to update his assembly stylesheets.

 b.  Larry to review Norm's Extended XLink proposal.
c. Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

 d.  Norm to publish DocBook 5.1b7.

 e.  Norm to add pgwide attribute to all informal* elements in 5.1.

6.  Publisher's subcommittee

They have met and are working on a draft 1.1 specification for
the DocBook Publisher's schema.

7.  Google Summer of Code

No update today.

8.  Extended XLink support

Larry reviewed the proposal as well as the XLink standard.
He commented that the standard is complex,
but it provides impressive capability.  But implementations
are lacking.  He said Norm's proposal looks complete.
He wondered about putting translatable text content into
the "title" attribute that is part of the standard, since
that is not good practice.

Norm's proposal to add XLink support to DocBook 5.1 was

ACTION: Norm to document XLink support in The Definitive Guide
for 5.1, including the concern about translatable text
in the title attribute.

9.  Revisit CALS table accessibility

The Publisher's Subcommittee received an RFE to re-add the
HTML table model to the publishers schema for accessibility
reasons.  Justification was provided in a web posting [4].

The Committee is willing to accomodate accessibility concerns,
but are not sure about the process of changing the CALS table
model by adding new attributes, while still remaining
CALS compatible.

ACTION: Scott to research the degree of flexibility in
the CALS table standard.

10. Transclusion in DocBook
Norm described some progress in the W3C Core Working Group,
but nothing of note to report.

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0
1907003 biblioid content model too broad
   RFEs under discussion
     2820947  Ability to transclude text
     3035565  Allow sections at any level
     3107140  aconym expansion inline
     3156768  <result> tag
     3491860   license tag

  No new RFEs


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201203/msg00009.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201203/msg00065.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-xinclude-11-requirements-20120214/
[4] http://n-faktor.net/featured/docBook_tables.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]