Subject: Re: We will need a volunteer to fix the resolution

Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org> writes:
> Unfortunately, our policy doesn't allow anyone other than authorized
> staff to have direct write access to OASIS systems. (I am copying
> Scott McGrath so that he will be aware of the request.) I'm sure you
> can understand that this is standard practice in most private
> businesses.

This has been such an ongoing source of pain and suffering that I'm
sorely tempted to stick my fingers in my ears and go "lalalalala" at
the top of my lungs.

> However, there is no need for direct write permission. As part of
> approving any OASIS work product and either publishing it as a
> Committee Draft, releasing it for public review, or approving it as a
> final deliverable, TC Administration publishes the work to the
> appropriate server locations. You submit the appropriate ticket to us
> (see http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests for the
> complete set) and we work with you to prepare the final work package
> and load it to the servers - and of course announce the event to TC
> members and OASIS and the public.

Ideally, I'd like docs.oasis-open.org/docbook to be as useful a
resource as docbook.org. In fact, I'd mostly like it to be a mirror of
docbook.org, perhaps with a little wordsmithing here and there.

Submitting tc-admin-requests for every update to 17,353 files seems a
bit...tedious.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Men are more like the times they live
http://nwalsh.com/            | in than they are like their