OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 July 2012

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 July 2012

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 18 July 2012 at
01:00p ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Nancy Harrison, Dick Hamilton, Scott Hudson,
Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh

Regrets: Jirka Kosek

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 15 August 2012
4. Review of the agenda.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

b. Norm to document XLink support in The Definitive Guide for 5.1, including the concern about translatable text in the title attribute.

 c.  Jirka to follow up on OASIS mirroring the schema directory.
     CONTINUED [Reassign this item to Norm]

 d.  Norm to integrate accessibility attributes
     into DocBook 5.1.

 e.  Norm to allow admonitions in table in DocBook 5.1.

 f.  Larry to propose mechanism for profiling based on
     output type so it is compatible with the same
     feature in DocBook assembly.

6.  OASIS website issues

Improvements are pending.

7.  Publisher's subcommittee

A new draft of the spec is being developed, considering
table accessibility features now.  Next meeting is 25 July.
They request that people try out the publisher's stylesheet.

The eLearning subcommittee will meet 27 July, and are still
recruiting new members.

8. DocBook Assembly: Proposal to change @fileref to @uri in resource element.

Norm proposed @href instead.  Approved for 5.1.

ACTION: Norm to change @fileref to @href in assembly.

9.  CALS table accessibility
a. scope attribute.
b. Feedback from Nathalie Sequeira.

The Committee  discussed these features and is generally in
favor of the changes.
ACTION: Scott to write a proposal for the schema changes.

10. Transclusion in DocBook
Norm reports that the W3C Core Working Group is
proceeding, awaiting a draft from Norm for
XInclude 1.1.

11.  DocBook 5.1 release

Waiting for table accessibility issues to be settled.

12.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0
1907003 biblioid content model too broad
   RFEs under discussion
     2820947  Ability to transclude text
     3035565  Allow sections at any level
     3107140  aconym expansion inline
     3156768  <result> tag
     3491860   license tag

  New RFEs
    3531929    Include Equivalent format Attribute Name to DocBook Elements

This request is to add a new profiling attribute to specify
the output format such as 'html', or 'pdf'.  The Committee
agreed to the need, but the proposed attribute name of 'format'
was not favored because it could be interpreted as applying
styles to an element.  Instead, proposed using @outputformat,
and change the attribute name in assembly to match it.

ACTION: Norm to reply to the author in the RFE.

ACTION: Norm to add @outputformat as a profiling attribute.

ACTION: Norm to change @format to @outputformat in the assembly element named 'output'.

    3540409    Extending function attribute for keycap element

Agreed to add AltGr and Return to the list of allowed values.
Other keys can be had by using the @other attribute.

ACTION: Norm to add AltGr and Return to the enumerated values
of the keycap element.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201206/msg00008.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201203/msg00065.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-xinclude-11-requirements-20120214/

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]