OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 August 2012

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 August 2012

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 at
01:00p ET for 30 minutes.

1. Roll call

Present: Nancy Harrison, Dick Hamilton
Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton

Regrets: Scott Hudson, Norm Walsh

Absent: Jirka Kosek

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 19 September 2012
4. Review of the agenda.

Dick: Add Google Summer of Code status.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

b. Norm to document XLink support in The Definitive Guide for 5.1, including the concern about translatable text in the title attribute.

 c.  Norm to follow up on OASIS mirroring the schema directory.

 d.  Norm to integrate accessibility attributes
     into DocBook 5.1.

 e.  Norm to allow admonitions in table in DocBook 5.1.

 f.  Norm to change @fileref to @href in assembly.

 h.  Scott to write a proposal for the schema changes for table accessibility.

 i.  Norm to reply to the author in RFE 3531929 regarding @outputformat.

 j.  Norm to add @outputformat as a profiling attribute.

 k.  Norm to change @format to @outputformat in the assembly element named 'output'.

 l.  Norm to add AltGr and Return to the enumerated values of the keycap element.

6.  OASIS website issues


7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Nic Gibson sent a status report:

1) Nic working on the spec and will be uploading the draft
next week (to Sourceforge)

2) We have cut off RFEs (Scott may decide to include any
present by this months' call if he wishes)

3) We are looking at including some additional mark-up
that I will write an RFE for myself.

8.  Add slides schema variant to DocBook 5?

We discussed how to handle schema extensions at a previous meeting.

ACTION: Bob to research what we decided before.

Larry suggested that perhaps the slides extensions could be
implemented in DocBook assembly, with outputformat="slides".
Dick thought the DocBook website schema might fit into that
as well.
ACTION: Bob to send the proposed slides schema to the TC.

ACTION:  Larry to try mapping slides to assembly.

9.  CALS table accessibility

Discuss Scott's proposal. [2]

The TC is in favor of the proposal.
Nancy moved that we have more TC members available
to comment, so we will continue this item next month.

10. Transclusion in DocBook

11.  DocBook 5.1 release


12.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0
1907003 biblioid content model too broad
   RFEs under discussion
     2820947  Ability to transclude text
     3035565  Allow sections at any level
     3107140  aconym expansion inline
     3156768  <result> tag
     3491860   license tag

  No New RFEs


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201207/msg00005.html
[2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201208/msg00000.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]