OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [CORRECT] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 14 November 2012

> DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 14 November 2012
> =============================================================
> The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 at
> 01:00p ET for 90 minutes.
> Agenda
> 1. Roll call

Present: Norm, Larry, Scott, Dick, Nancy
Regrets: Bob

> 2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (October).


> 3. Next meeting: 19 December 2012


ATTENTION: We will meet at 10:00a CST (08:00a PST, 16:00GMT) on 19 December 2012 *ONLY*.

ACTION: Bob to put GSoC presentations on the agenda for December.

> 4. Review of the agenda.


> 5. Review of open action items
>  a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.


>  b.  Norm to document XLink support in The Definitive
>      Guide for 5.1, including the concern about
>      translatable text in the title attribute.


>  c.  Norm to follow up on OASIS mirroring the schema directory.


>  d.  Norm to integrate accessibility attributes
>      into DocBook 5.1.

Discussed below.

>  e.  Norm to allow admonitions in table in DocBook 5.1.


Norm asks about admonitions in other formal objects.

Proposal: Treat all formal objects the same way; allow them in all
formal objects and informal objects as well.


>  f.  Norm to change @fileref to @href in assembly.


>  g.  Norm to reply to the author in RFE 3531929 regarding @outputformat.


>  h.  Norm to add @outputformat as a profiling attribute.


>  i.  Norm to change @format to @outputformat in the assembly element named 'output'.


>  j.  Norm to add AltGr and Return to the enumerated values of the keycap element.


>  k.  Bob to research how we decided to handle schema extensions.


>  l.  Bob to send the proposed slides schema to the TC.


>  m.  Larry to try mapping slides to assembly.

Continued. Larry reports that it doesn't look like it's going to be difficult.

>  n. Bob to start a discussion on the TC list for sets of articles RFE


>  o. Dick to contact Google Summer of Code participants regarding making a presentation.


> 6.  OASIS website issues

Norm reports no progress.

> 7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Scott reports some difficulty moving the publishing spec forward, but
plans to make progress in the next month. On the eLearning side,
there's been no feedback recently about course assembly. If folks get
a chance to look that over, feedback would be appreciated.

> 8.  Add slides schema variant to DocBook 5?

Continued until Larry's assembly proposal has been reviewed.

> 9.  CALS table accessibility
> Discuss Scott's proposal. [2]

Some discussion of the headers attribute. Scott reports that the headers
attribute should match the IDs of the rows associated with a group.
See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wcag2-techs/2012Jan/0002.html

The @headers attribute on an entry points to IDs.

To make @rowheaders work, add a new value "headers".

Add rowgropu and colgroup as possible values for @scope.

> 10.  Transclusion in DocBook

Norm reports progress at the XML Core level, new draft forthcoming.


> 11.  DocBook 5.1 release

Continued. Waiting on the latest beta.

> 12.  Review of Requests for Enhancement
>    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
>      http://sf.net/support/tracker.php?aid=XXXXXX
>    RFEs to revisit for 6.0
>      1907003  biblioid content model too broad
>    RFEs under discussion
>      2820947  Ability to transclude text
>      3035565  Allow sections at any level
>      3107140  aconym expansion inline
>      3156768  <result> tag
>      3491860   license tag
>   New RFEs
>      3571149   Allow Article inside Set

Allow set to contain articles or books but not both.

ACTION: Norm to implement the RFE allowing sets to contain articles.

> [1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201210/msg00004.html
> [2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201208/msg00000.html

Any other business?

None heard.

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Art has to move you and design
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | does not, unless it's a good
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | design for a bus.--David Hockney

Attachment: pgpgOBHzNXakQ.pgp
Description: PGP signature

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]