OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 January 2013

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 January 2013

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at
1:00pm ET for 30 minutes.


1. Roll call

Present: Dick Hamilton, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh

Regrets: Scott Hudson

Absent: Nancy Harrison, Jirka Kosek

2. Minutes of the previous meeting?

There were no minutes from the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 20 February 2013
No regrets.

4. Review of the agenda.

Bob: Add bridgehead behavior.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

b. Norm to document XLink support in The Definitive Guide for 5.1, including the concern about translatable text in the title attribute.

 c.  Norm to follow up on OASIS mirroring the schema directory.

 d.  Norm to integrate accessibility attributes
     into DocBook 5.1.

 e.  Norm to allow admonitions in table in DocBook 5.1.

 f.  Bob to research how we decided to handle schema extensions.

 g.  Bob to send the proposed slides schema to the TC.

 h.  Larry to try mapping slides to assembly.

 i.  Dick to contact the GSoC participants regarding making
     a presentation at November meeting.

 j.  Norm to implement RFE 3571149 to allow sets to contain articles.

6. Google Summer of Code Completed last meeting.

7.  OASIS website issues

No update.

8.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

No progress since the last meeting.

9.  Put parameter back inside function element: Dick Hamilton


10.  Add slides schema variant to DocBook 5?

Completed by Norm as an extension.

11.  CALS table accessibility

ACTION: Scott to review Norm's schema update to make sure
it meets the requirements for accessibility.

12. Transclusion in DocBook
XInclude 1.1 has been issued as a Last Call Working Draft
with the changes we wanted.

ACTION: Bob to look at the last draft to see if it meets our needs.

13.  DocBook 5.1 release

When Scott gives his ok for the table accessibility changes,
we can proceed with a DocBook 5.1 candidate release.

13a.  Bridgehead behavior.
Bob asked if the processing expectations for bridgehead included
numbering like sections.  The Definitive Guide says they should
be handled like section titles, but the TC agreed that
they do not participate in the section hierarchy and should
not be numbered.

ACTION: Norm to clarify the bridehead entry in The Definitive Guide
to indicate that bridgeheads are not numbered like sections.

14.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0
1907003 biblioid content model too broad
   RFEs under discussion
     2820947  Ability to transclude text
     3035565  Allow sections at any level
     3107140  aconym expansion inline
     3156768  <result> tag
     3491860   license tag
     3571149   Allow Article inside Set

  New RFEs
     3593209   Add see/seealso under
     3599576   'info' wrapper element for processing titlepage elements

The TC felt that adding an arbitrary wrapper element to info
would complicate the schema element model and stylesheet
processing, without significant benefit.  The capability
of adding role to multiple info elements already exists,
even if it is more cumbersome than a wrapper.


[2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201208/msg00000.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]