Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Fw: [docbook] Marking up an article in a bibliography

Oops, I should read more carefully.

That said, I think this is that rare case where the solution is (mostly) correct, even though I misunderstood the problem.

The bibliomset (or biblioset when inside biblioentry) element provides the means to encode an article and the journal reference to it. I think it should completely handle what Peter is trying to do.

I think there are two ways to handle the situation. The first is shown in DocBook 5: The Definitive Guide in the examples associated with biblioset. In that case, a biblioentry has two biblioset elements, one with relation="journal" for the journal and one with relation="article" for the article.

The other way, which is what I use (though I currently use bibliomixed and bibliomset) is to put the title and author information for the article directly under biblioentry and put the journal information in biblioset with relation="journal". Here is a complete example using biblioentry and biblioset.

  <biblioentry xml:id="Kurts03">
    <abbrev>Kurts 2003</abbrev>
    <authorgroup>
      <author>
      </author>
     </authorgroup>
     <pubdate>2003</pubdate>
     <citetitle pubwork="article">The new dynamics of strategy: Sense-making in a complex and complicated world</citetitle>
     <biblioset relation="journal">
        <citetitle pubwork="journal">IBM Systems Journal</citetitle>
     </biblioset>
  </biblioentry>

Either way, I don't think I would put the journal title in a title element directly under biblioentry, unless the reference is to the journal itself and not to a specific article in the journal.

Best regards,
Dick
-------
XML Press