Subject: proposed result element

I'm following up on my action item regarding RFE 3156768 <result> element, to see what was in the minutes.

As Committee Secretary, I pretty much dropped the ball on managing this item, as you can see from the history below. It was twice assigned as an action item to develop a content model, and both times the action was completed. Larry proposed which elements could contain result (see the attached PDF proposal), and a list of content elements. Gershon's list of content elements came later, was somewhat different, and was accepted by the TC. But the TC wondered if there was an existing RNG pattern that covered that group of elements, and that was never completed.

Here is a content list that includes elements from both proposals:

blockquote
bridgehead
calloutlist
caution
example
figure
formalpara
important
indexterm
informalexample
informalfigure
informaltable
itemizedlist
literallayout
mediaobject
note
orderedlist
para
programlisting
screen
screenshot
segmentedlist
simplelist
table
tip
variablelist
warning

If this list is acceptable, then I believe we just need to let Norm implement this in the schema in the best way he can.

History
=============

Jan 2011 minutes:
-------------------------------
The TC was generally favorable toward adding a result element
to step and procedure.

ACTION: Larry to create proposed content models to include result element.

Feb 2011

June 2011 minutes:
------------------------------
Apparently we forgot Larry's proposal and he was not on the call, so
a new action was assigned to Gershon to develop content model.

Jan 2012
-------------------------
Gershon posted proposed content model for result element

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201201/msg00015.html

In that message, he said:

I think the new <result> element should contain the following elements to be useful:
para
blockquote
bridgehead
caution
example
figure
important
indexterm
informalexample
informalfigure
informaltable
itemizedlist
mediaobject
note
orderedlist
programlisting
screen
screenshot
simplelist
table
tip
warning

If there are parameter entities that would be useful to use and they would add a few more elements to the list, that would probably be OK. I'd rather build the allowed element list from existing parameter entities than create new ones for this.

Feb 2012 minutes:
-------------------------------
Gershon posted a proposed list of elements. [3]
Larry thought it was a good list.
Both wondered if an existing named pattern in the schema can
be used for this element.

ACTION: Bob to ask Norm if such a pattern already exists.

March 2012
Bob sent email to Norm asking if such a RN pattern already exists.

Norm responded, but I do not have his response.
We agreed to discuss it at the next meeting.

April 2012
Meeting canceled.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises