[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 17 April 2013
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 17 April 2013 ============================================================= The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 at 1:00pm ET. 1. Roll call Present: Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton Regrets: Norm Walsh Absent: Loren Cahlander 2. Accepted the minutes  of the previous meeting. 3. Next meeting: 15 May 2013 Scott gave regrets. 4. Review of the agenda. Add item 7a, Moving Publishers Draft to OASIS standard. 5. Review of open action items a. Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished. CONTINUE b. Norm to follow up on OASIS mirroring the schema directory. CONTINUE c. Larry to try mapping slides to assembly. CONTINUE d. Norm to clarify bridgehead entry in TDG to indicate that bridgeheads are not numbered like sections. CONTINUE e. Norm to update The Definitive Guide that the behavior of nested links is undefined by the standard. CONTINUEf. Norm to prevent link element nested within link element in DocBook 5.1.
CONTINUE g. Norm to produce a DocBook 5.1 candidate release. CONTINUE h. Norm to follow up on RFE 3491860 license tag CONTINUE i. Norm to add result element to DocBook 5.1 schema. CONTINUE j. Dick to prepare an example of "see under" index entries. CONTINUE k. Dick to propose the multiple info approach to the submittor of RFE 3599576. COMPLETED 6. OASIS website issues Continued. 7. Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports Scott reported that they have received no comments on the Draft 1.1 version of the Publisher's schema. There were four changes to 1.1: - epigraph now allows poetry - admonitions are restored - table accessiblity - added stage direction markup Nancy and Dick commented that it looks good. Scott points out that because it is an extension of DocBook 5.1, it should not be released as a standard before 5.1. He suggested that it be processed through OASIS at the same time as 5.1. Bob will discuss the process with Norm. 8. Transclusion in DocBook Continued. 9. DocBook 5.1 release Continued. 10. DocBook 4-to-5 conversion stylesheet issues a. drops @class attribute from <productname/>? b. markup removed from <remark>? c. all <title>s moved to <info>? The TC felt that these conversions did not align with the DocBook 5 schema and should be changed. ACTION: Dick to fix the conversion stylesheet on SourceForge. ACTION: Bob to review Dick's changes. 11. Review of Requests for Enhancement To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line): http://sf.net/support/tracker.php?aid=XXXXXX RFEs to revisit for 6.0 1907003 biblioid content model too broad RFEs under discussion 2820947 Ability to transclude text 3035565 Allow sections at any level 3491860 license tag 3593209 Add see/seealso under 3599576 'info' wrapper element for processing titlepage elements The submittor agreed with the TC proposal to allow multiple info elements with profiling attributes. The TC approved that change. ACTION: Norm to change info from "zero or one" to "zero or more" in DocBook 5.1. New RFEs 3608790 Microdata or RDFa 1.1 Lite support for schema.org The TC would like more specifics on this proposal. ACTION: Jirak to prepare a proposal to support RFDa. -----  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201303/msg00005.html Bob Stayton Sagehill Enterprisesbobs@sagehill.net