Subject: Result element

Folks,

Attempting to complete my action wrt the result element. I created db.result:

[
   db:refname [ "result" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "A wrapper for identifying the results of a procedure or step" ]
]
div {

   db.result.role.attribute = attribute role { text }

   db.result.attlist =
      db.result.role.attribute?
    & db.common.attributes
    & db.common.linking.attributes

   db.result =
      element result {
         db.result.attlist,
         db.all.blocks+
      }
}

On reflection, given the number of elements that people thought should
be allowed in result, it seemed most likely that we'd need them all.

I adjusted the content model of procedure to allow result at the end:

[
   db:refname [ "procedure" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "A list of operations to be performed in a well-defined sequence" ]
]
div {

   db.procedure.role.attribute = attribute role { text }

   db.procedure.attlist =
      db.procedure.role.attribute?
    & db.common.attributes
    & db.common.linking.attributes

   db.procedure.info = db._info.title.only

   db.procedure =
      element procedure {
         db.procedure.attlist,
         db.procedure.info,
         db.all.blocks*,
         db.step+,
         db.result?
      }
}

And the content model of step similarly:

[
   db:refname [ "step" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "A unit of action in a procedure" ]
]
div {

   db.step.role.attribute = attribute role { text }

   db.step.attlist =
      db.step.role.attribute?
    & db.common.attributes
    & db.common.linking.attributes
    & db.performance.attribute?

   db.step.info = db._info.title.only

   # This content model is blocks*, step|stepalternatives, blocks* but
   # expressed this way it avoids UPA issues in XSD and DTD versions
   db.step = element step {
      db.step.attlist,
      db.step.info,
      (
         (db.all.blocks+,
            (((db.substeps|db.stepalternatives), db.all.blocks*))?,
            db.result?
         )
       | ((db.substeps|db.stepalternatives), db.all.blocks*, db.result?))
   }
}

AFAICT, that's consistent with what we decided. The minutes that assign me the
action to add result don't have a summary of the proposal. And I waited too long
to implement it :-(

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The art of living is more like
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | wrestling than dancing.--Marcus
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | Aurelius