OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes 21 August 2013

> DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 July 2013
> =============================================================

Reusing July agenda as the July meeting was cancelled.

> 1. Roll call

Present: Norm, Dick, Jirka, Larry, Nancy

> 2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.


> 3. Next meeting: 18 September 2013

Norm gives regrets. We'll see later if we need the meeeting or if we
just move on to October.

> 4. Review of the agenda.


> 5. Review of open action items
>  a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.


>  b.  Larry to try mapping slides to assembly.


>  c.  Norm to produce a DocBook 5.1 candidate release.

Completed, but waiting for Chet to figure out how to post it on the OASIS site.

>  d.  Norm to follow up on RFE 3491860 license tag


>  e.  Norm to add result element to DocBook 5.1 schema.


>  f.  Dick to fix the DocBook5 conversion stylesheet on SourceForge.


>  g.  Bob to review Dick's fixes to the conversion stylesheet.


Dick will send it to Norm.

>  h.  Norm to pull the rdfalite schema together as a non-normative
>      release candidate.


>  i.  Norm to talk to OASIS about some examples of
>      internal published items, such as draft specs and
>      non-normative customization layers.

In progress.

>  j.  Jirka and Scott to investigate table captioning.


Jirka reports that there was good mail about this on the list, but there
were still some open questions.

>  k.  Norm to implement index "see under" and "see also under".


> 6.  OASIS website issues

Working with Chet.

> 7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

In Scott's absence, no reports.

> 8.  Transclusion in DocBook 

Norm reports that CR is expected soon.

> 9.  DocBook 5.1 release

Pending approval of the DocBook candidates.

> 10.  "www" in DocBook system identifiers
> (see this email [2]).

Norm: I don't know how "www" got into anyone's system identifier, but
I don't see any harm in updating the catalog to support it.

Proposed: Norm will update the catalog that's distributed with DocBook.


ACTION: Norm to update the catalog that's distributed with DocBook to
        map "www" system identifiers

ACTION: Bob to put slides schema/assembly work on the agenda for the
        next meeting.

> 11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement
>    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
>      https://sourceforge.net/p/docbook/rfes/300/
>    RFEs to revisit for 6.0
>    247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad  
>   RFEs under discussion
>   Ticket  Tracker 
>    260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
>    273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
>    291   3491860   license tag
>    302   3608790   Microdata or RDFa 1.1 Lite support for schema.org
>   No New RFEs

Closed 301 with agreement from the commenter.

Nothing to discuss.

Any other business

We'll keep the September meeting on the books.

> [1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201306/msg00008.html
> [2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/201307/msg00004.html

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Curiosity will conquer fear even
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | more than bravery will.--James
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | Stephens

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]