OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Non-Minutes: 20 November 2013

Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> writes:
> DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 November 2013
> =============================================================
> The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 20 November
> 2013 at 1:00pm ET.
> Agenda
> 1. Roll call

Norm, Larry, Scott.

> 2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.
> 3. Next meeting: 18 December 2013

Proposed 11 December instead.

Please respond in email if you object.

> 4. Review of the agenda.
> 5. Review of open action items
>   a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.


>   b.  Norm to follow up on RFE 3491860 license tag

Completed; discussion continues.

I think the relevant thing is RDFa. Scott observes that Dublin Core may
also be able to handle this case.

ACTION: Scott to follow up with an example using Dublin Core and

>   c.  Norm to talk to OASIS about some examples of
>       internal published items, such as draft specs and
>       non-normative customization layers.


>   d.  Norm to update the catalog distributed with DocBook
>       to support "www".


> 6.  OASIS website issues

We have two options: we can store stuff in the SVN repo:


or we can vote (within the TC) to publish a ZIP file of stuff on

Norm: I think we should try to migrate oasis-open.org/docbook to the
Subversion repository.

ACTION: Norm to attempt to migrate oasis-open.org/docbook to the OASIS
subversion repo.

> 7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Scott: I need to schedule a publishers meeting, there are a couple of
RFEs. We have to decide if we want to do a 1.1.

> 8.  Transclusion in DocBook

XInclude 1.1 is in CR:


I've started a set of stylesheets to implement the DocBook
Transclusion options.

> 9.  DocBook 5.1 release

Now that we can put stuff in subversion, we can make some sort of
announcement of the first CR.

> 10.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

Agenda items for next month:

Should RDFa be part of DocBook 5.2
Should Dublin Core be part of DocBook 5.2

>     To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
>       https://sourceforge.net/p/docbook/rfes/300/
>     RFEs to revisit for 6.0
>     247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad
>    RFEs under discussion
>    Ticket  Tracker
>     260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
>     273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
>     291   3491860   license tag
>     302   3608790   Microdata or RDFa 1.1 Lite support for schema.org
>    No New RFEs

Any other business

Scott: ONVIS has adopted DocBook as the official format for the ONVIS
interface guides. These can be rendered directly in a modern browser.

> [1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201310/msg00002.html

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | To think is not enough; you must
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | think of something.--Jules Renard
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]