OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 29 August 2014

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 August 2014

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 20 August 2014
at 1:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Loren Cahlander, Dick Hamilton, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh

Regrets: Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek

Absent: Nancy Harrison

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 17 September 2014

Neither Norm or Bob are available on the 17th.
Norm suggested moving the meeting to 3 Sept,
to be held if we need to vote on moving 5.1
forward, otherwise we will meet next 15 Oct.

4. Review of the agenda.

No change.

5. Review of open action items

  a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

  b.  Norm to work with OASIS to advance DocBook 5.1 to
      OASIS Standard.

  c.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude

  d.  Jirka to update "DocBook Transclusions" document to reflect
      the new XInclude 1.1 features.

6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Scott reports via email:
No new inputs from the subcommittees, but would like to get the
Publishers stylesheet code added to the XSL distro.

7.  Transclusion in DocBook

Norm is still trying to motivate another implementation of the
new XInclude spec, and Jirka will deliver his update of
the guidelines in September.

8.  DocBook 5.1 release

Norm proposed fixing two Schematron related items so they conform
to the ISO Schematron spec, and these will have no impact on
content models.  Norm proposed releasing 5.1 with those changes.
The committee vote was unanimous to proceed.

There were six issues reported on GitHub:

a. Allow trademark everywhere #8

Norm reported that this was already in 5.1 CR2 and will be
part of the released 5.1.

b.  Allow revnumber inline.

To be considered in 5.2.

c.  Add buildtarget element.

To be considered in 5.2.

d.  Makefile and pipelines are not very Windows friendly.

e.  Convert @name on s:pattern to s:title.

Norm to fix.

f.  Add a Schematron rule for @startref on indexterm.

Norm to fix.

9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0

    247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

   RFEs under discussion

   Ticket  Tracker
    260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
    273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
    291   3491860   license tag  (hold for 5.2)

   No new RFEs


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201407/msg00003.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]