Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 25 March 2015

Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> writes:
> DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 25 March 2015
>
> The DocBook Technical Committee will met on Wednesday, 25 March 2015
> at 1:00pm ET.
>
> Agenda
>
> 1. Roll call

Present: Norm, Scott, Larry, Jirka, Dick
Regrets: Bob
Chair: Norm
Scribe: Norm

> 2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous (January) meeting.

Accepted.

> 3. Next meeting: 15 April 2015

No regrets heard.

> 4. Review of the agenda.

Accepted.

> 5. Review of open action items
>
>   a.  Norm to work with OASIS to advance DocBook 5.1 to
>       OASIS Standard.

Completed! That includes the set/xinclude bug fix.

>   b.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude
>       standard.

Continued.

>   c.  Bob to integrate publishers XSL into DocBook XSL.

Continued.

>   d.  Bob to work with Norm to request Oxygen to implement
>       XInclude 1.1.

Continued.

>   e.  Jirka to work with Norm to post the new DocBook
>       Transclusions document.

Completed.

>   f.  Bob to follow up with Norm about OASIS tickets for
>       DocBook 5.1 submittal.

Continued. Not sure what this means.

>   g.  Dick will post a request for GSOC ideas and mentors.

Completed. Not enough interest to apply this year.

> 6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Nothing to report.

> 7.  XInclude 1.1 status.

Trying, trying, trying to get a second implementor.

> 8.  DocBook 5.1 release

In progress through the OASIS process, current review ends 21 April.

> 9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

None for 5.1. Time to start considering what to do for 6.0?

Dick: If we don't have something big to do, we should probably do a
5.2 instead of a 6.0.

Jirka: I think we should wait until we have implementations of 5.1 in
the field before considering 6.0.

Any other business?

Scott: I put in a formal RFE to Oxygen to create a DocBook assembly
manager similar to the DITA maps manager. It's already got some
support.

None heard.

>     To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
>
>       https://sourceforge.net/p/docbook/rfes/300/
>
>     RFEs to revisit for 6.0
>
>     247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad
>
>    RFEs under discussion
>
>    Ticket  Tracker
>     260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
>     273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
>     291   3491860  license tag  (hold for 5.2)
>     306            Allow Block Elements inside abstract
>
>    No new RFEs
>
> -----
>
> [1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201501/msg00003.html

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | To think is not enough; you must