Subject: Re: Next steps for DocBook 5.1

Really, this will go pretty fast.

I've set up a comment log template for you. Since you only have comments from Patrick and me, this should go real quick. I've filled in the comments from my email already. You can just do the same with Patricks - paraphrase them or do a cut & paste.

The key is that you don't need to go into detail on the resolution. A short sentence is all you need. E.g. "Agree. Change made in next draft." or something like that. You don't need to give a precisely detailed explanation like "The sentence reading "xxxxx" was replaced by..." All it needs is enough information so that a comment provider can see that the TC considered the issue and made a decision on how to address it. Which can also be "TC disagrees. No changes made."

I didn't see how many comments Patrick provided but you know how you handled them so this shouldn't be a lot of work.

Best,

/chet

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org> writes:
> - I'll need to have a comment resolution log from the TC listing each
> of the comments and how the TC decided to address them so that I can

Patrick said we didn't have to reply to each of his individually, can
I get away with "We addressed them by making the suggested editorial
changes?"

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | To create a little flower is the
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | labour of ages.-- Blake
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |