Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 August 2015

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 August 2015

> Agenda
>
> 1. Roll call

Norm, Dick, Larry, Bob [by proxy], Scott [by proxy]

> 2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

Accepted.

> 3. Next meeting: 16 September 2015

Proposed: 23 September instead.

> 4. Review of the agenda.

Accepted.

> 5. Review of open action items
>
>   a.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude
>       standard.
>
>   b.  Bob to integrate publishers XSL into DocBook XSL.
>
>   c.  Bob to work with Norm to request Oxygen to implement
>       XInclude 1.1.
>
> 6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports
>
> 7.  XInclude 1.1 status.
>
> 8.  DocBook 5.1 release

Proposal: I move that the TC approve DocBook V5.1 and all associated
artifacts contained in
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/56304 as a
Committee Specification Draft, designate the CSD/CSPRD 02
Authoritative, and further approve submitting it for 15 day public
review.

Dick: Seconded.

No objections, the proposal passes.

> Specifically, RFE #307 "Issues with DocBook 5.1 CR3 RNG-based
> schemas" submitted by Radu Coravu of Oxygen XML.

I've resolved this issue in draft 02.

> 9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement
>
>     To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
>
>       https://sourceforge.net/p/docbook/rfes/300/
>
>     RFEs to revisit for 6.0
>
>     247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad
>
>    RFEs under discussion
>
>    Ticket  Tracker
>     260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
>     273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
>     291   3491860  license tag  (hold for 5.2)
>     306            Allow Block Elements inside abstract
>
>   New RFE:
>     307            Issues with Docbook 5.1 CR3 RNG-based schemas
>
> [1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201506/msg00002.html

Any other business?

None heard. Adjourned.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | To think is not enough; you must