Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 24 September 2015

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 24 September 2015

> Agenda
>
> 1. Roll call

Scribe: Norm
Chair: Norm
Present: Norm, Dick, Larry, Scott, Jirka
Regrets: Bob

> 2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

Accepted.

> 3. Next meeting: 21 October 2015

Norm: I propose that we skip October unless we need to do something to
progress the spec. The chair will call a meeting by email if
necessary.

> 4. Review of the agenda.

Accepted.

> 5. Review of open action items
>
>   a.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude
>       standard.

Continued.

>   b.  Bob to integrate publishers XSL into DocBook XSL.

Continued.

> 6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Scott: Bob has made some progress on the stlyesheets, but I haven't
tested them.

> 7.  XInclude 1.1 status.

Waiting for a second implementation.

> 8.  DocBook 5.1 release

I move to approve the Chair requesting that TC Administration hold a
Special Majority Ballot to approve
DocBook Version 5.1 contained in
http://docs.oasis-open.org/docbook/docbook/v5.1/csprd02/docbook-v5.1-csprd02.html
as a Committee Specification.

Norm: Aye
Dick: Aye
Larry: Aye
Scott: Aye
Jirka: Aye
Bob: Aye via proxy to the chair.

> 9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement
>
>     To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
>
>       https://sourceforge.net/p/docbook/rfes/300/
>
>     RFEs to revisit for 6.0
>
>     247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad
>
>    RFEs under discussion
>
>    Ticket  Tracker
>     260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
>     273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
>     291   3491860  license tag  (hold for 5.2)
>     306            Allow Block Elements inside abstract
>
>   New RFE:
>     307            Issues with Docbook 5.1 CR3 RNG-based schemas

This has been fixed.

>     308            Support images in multiple resolutions

Norm: One of the reasons that mediaobject allows multiple imageobjects
is to handle this case.

ACTION: Norm to investigate if mediaobject can generate srcsets.

Any other business?

None heard.

Adjourned.

> [1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201508/msg00009.html