OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 25 May 2016

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 25 May 2016

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday,
25 May 2016 at 2:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Dick Hamilton, Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton

Regrets: Norm Walsh

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 15 June 2016

4. Review of the agenda.

5. Review of open action items

    a. Norm to review the non-normative XML Schema version of 5.1
       to make sure it has all the latest changes.

    b. Everyone to beat the bushes for SoUs.

    c. Norm to complete his XInclude implementation.

6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Nothing to report.

7.  XInclude 1.1 status.

Nothing to report in Norm's absence.

8.  DocBook 5.1 release

We think we have enough Statements of Use to submit to OASIS.

ACTION: Bob will round up the SoUs and submit them.

9.  Housekeeping: we have two parallel systems for filing RFEs
     (SourceForge and GitHub).

We should shut down the SourceForge system and add a notice
redirecting people to the GitHub system.
10.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

     To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


     RFEs to revisit for 6.0

     247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

    RFEs under discussion

    Ticket  Tracker
     260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
     273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
     291   3491860  license tag  (hold for 5.2)
     306            Allow Block Elements inside abstract

     Github Issues
     6              Add buildtarget element
     7              Allow revnumber inline.

     New RFEs on GitHub
     53    Extend article @class with other and otherclass

The committee agreed that this change should be made to article.
Are there other elements that might need similar treatment that
we can do at the same time?

ACTION: Jirka to investigate use of otherclass for other

     54    Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema

Larry thought the existing mechanisms defined in assembly could
do this, but wasn't sure.

ACTION: Bob to investigate assembly for XInclude equivalents.

     55    Add <danger> to list of admonitions

The committee agreed that since this is an ISO standard it would
be good to add to DocBook.  If we finalize it, it will be for
version 5.2.  Are there other similar standards?

ACTION: Larry will look into ISO standards for admonitions.

ACTION: Scott to look into ANSI standards for admonitions.

     56    DocBook Transclusion: allow 'prefix' in trans:idfixup

Jirka reported that prefix was considered originally, but that
suffix made more sense.  Adding prefix as well adds complexity to
processing.  Only one implementation so far.  The Committee will
reconsider this in the future.


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201604/msg00007.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]