Subject: Resigning from the DocBook TC

Chet,

I’m not sure to whom the chair addresses his resignation. Regardless,
with deep regret, I find that I must tender my resignation from the
DocBook Technical Committee. My own, ongoing inability to participate
as fully as I think this group deserves, combined with changing
priorities with my employer have finally taken their toll.

I have been working on DocBook for more than 20 years and I believe I
have been chair of the DocBook TC for more than 15. It’s in my blood.
I will continue to offer all of the support that I can in terms of
tools, hosting, etc. as those are not official TC activities. If the
TC wishes to solicit my input in the future, I will be more than
delighted to offer any advice that I can.

At the meeting next week, you‘ll have to nominate a new chair. I
humbly suggest that you should attempt to persuade Bob to accept the
title. He’s been doing more of the heavy lifting recently than I have
anyway. :-)

I’ll still be around at the same email addresses and the same
conferences. I still care deeply about DocBook and XML markup, so if
there’s anything I can do personally to help out, please don’t
hesitate to ask.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Men are more like the times they
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | live in than they are like their