Subject: Fwd: Resigning from the DocBook TC

Norm, you will always be our first genuine Rock Star.  Best wishes.  Jamie

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 9:10 AM
Subject: Resigning from the DocBook TC
To: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Cc: docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org

Chet,

I’m not sure to whom the chair addresses his resignation. Regardless, with deep regret, I find that I must tender my resignation from the DocBook Technical Committee. My own, ongoing inability to participate as fully as I think this group deserves, combined with changing priorities with my employer have finally taken their toll.

I have been working on DocBook for more than 20 years and I believe I have been chair of the DocBook TC for more than 15. It’s in my blood.  I will continue to offer all of the support that I can in terms of tools, hosting, etc. as those are not official TC activities. If the TC wishes to solicit my input in the future, I will be more than delighted to offer any advice that I can.

At the meeting next week, you‘ll have to nominate a new chair. I humbly suggest that you should attempt to persuade Bob to accept the title. He’s been doing more of the heavy lifting recently than I have anyway. :-)

I’ll still be around at the same email addresses and the same conferences. I still care deeply about DocBook and XML markup, so if there’s anything I can do personally to help out, please don’t esitate to ask.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Men are more like the times they
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/     | live in than they are like their

--
James Bryce Clark, General Counsel