OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Groups - Meeting Minutes 20 July 2016 uploaded

Title: would be required. This question was left open, in part because<br /> There is an open question as to whether the class attribute, which this element<br /> might use, is always enumerated or could be left open.<br /> <br /> 9. Review of Requests for Enhancement<br /> <br /> To browse a specific RFE on sourceforge, enter the URL (on one line):<br /> <br /> https://sourceforge.net/p/docbook/rfes/300/<br /> <br /> RFEs to revisit for 6.0<br /> <br /> 247 1907003 biblioid content model too broad<br /> <br /> RFEs under discussion<br /> <br /> Ticket Tracker<br /> 260 2820947 Ability to transclude text<br /> 273 3035565 Allow sections at any level<br /> 291 3491860 license tag (hold for 5.2)<br /> 306 Allow Block Elements inside abstract<br /> <br /> Github Issues<br /> To browse an issue on Github, use this URL:<br /> https://github.com/docbook/docbook/issues/X<br /> replacing X with the issue number.<br /> <br /> 6 Add buildtarget element<br /> 7 Allow revnumber inline.<br /> ACTION: Bob will discuss issues 6 and 7 with Jirka.<br /> <br /> 54 Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema<br /> CONTINUED (see action item above)<br /> 55 Add <danger> to list of admonitions<br /> Based on the discussion in item 8 about, this was APPROVED.<br /> <br /> No new RFEs.<br /> <br /> <br /> -----<br /> <br /> [1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201606/msg00023.html<br /> [2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201607/msg00002.html<br /> <br /> -- Mr. Richard Hamilton <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border:1px solid #DDDDDD; margin:10px 0 0 0; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px;"> <tr> <td style="padding:15px;"> <strong>Document Name</strong>: <a href="https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/docbook/document.php?document_id=58557">Meeting Minutes 20 July 2016</a><br /> <hr style="height:0; border:1px dotted #DDDDDD; border-width:2px 0 0; margin:10px 0 8px;" /> No description provided. <br /> <a href="https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/docbook/download.php/58557/latest/20160720-minutes.txt">Download Latest Revision</a><br /> <a href="https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=58557&wg_abbrev=docbook">Public Download Link</a><br /> <hr style="height:0; border:1px dotted #DDDDDD; border-width:2px 0 0; margin:10px 0 8px;" /> <strong>Submitter</strong>: Mr. Richard Hamilton<br /> <strong>Group</strong>: OASIS DocBook TC<br /> <strong>Folder</strong>: Meeting Notes<br /> <strong>Date submitted</strong>: 2016-07-20 12:21:23<br /> <br /> </td> </tr> </table>

Hi folks,

I'm trying to prepare schema with all recently approved changes. However these minutes seems little bit damaged and I don't see which element you decided as a new admonition. Was it originaly proposed *danger* or something else?

Many thanks in advance,


From: docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org <docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Richard Hamilton <hamilton@xmlpress.net>
Sent: 20 July 2016 21:21:41
To: docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-tc] Groups - Meeting Minutes 20 July 2016 uploaded
Submitter's message
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 July 2016

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday,
20 July 2016 at 2:00pm ET

1. Roll call

Present: Bob Stayton, Scott Hudson, Larry Rowland,
and Dick Hamilton. Quorum met.

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 17 August 2016

4. Review of the agenda.

Bob: add discussion about handling minutes.

5. Review of open action items

a. Norm to review the non-normative XML Schema version of 5.1
to make sure it has all the latest changes.

b. Norm to complete his XInclude implementation.

c. Bob to investigate assembly for XInclude equivalents.

d. Larry will look into ISO standards for admonitions.
COMPLETE: see discussion below

New Item: How to handle minutes.
We will start using the OASIS process, which archives the minutes
and sends them to the TC mailing list. Dick will cc the DocBook mailing list.

6. Status of stagedir elements in Publisher's. See [2].
Email from Radu Coravu reported that and
are not in the publisher's schema as distributed with Oxygen. This led
to a discussion of where the schema should live in its current state.
These elements depend on 5.1, so they are not in the OASIS repository.

ACTION: Bob will discuss with Norm how Publisher's fits into the Github structure.
ACTION: Scott will verify that the items accepted for 1.1 are represented in a schema,
make that schema available, and respond to the email.

7. DocBook 5.1 release
Bob spoke with Chet Ensign to see what needs to happen to make 5.1
a Candidate OASIS Standard. The changes are all formatting and do not
require changes to the standard. Norm set up a custom process to build
the deliverables. Bob converted the files and process back to the method
OASIS uses and is now using the OASIS standard tools. He created a version
of the Candidate OASIS Standard using those tools and sent it to Chet on
Monday. Once Chet has approved the format, it will be sent to the OASIS
membership for a vote.

8. Admonitions
Larry Rowland reviewed standards for admonitions. He suggests adding .
The TC agree to add as a new admonition.

The TC also discussed whether there should be an attribute that can be used to
specify a particular standard for admonitions (e.g., ANSI or ISO). The TC decided
that this should be strictly a stylesheet question and not part of the standard.
Scott asked, what about safety instructions? This is an ANSI spec, but not ISO
(at the moment; the two standards are being unified, which might cause this to
be added to the unified spec).

TC discussed whether to add a general element to cover cases
such as safety instructions. This element would be the same as the others,

LexisNexis is a trading name of RELX (UK) LIMITED - Registered office - 1-3 STRAND, LONDON WC2N 5JR
Registered in England - Company No. 02746621

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]