OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 21 September 2016

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 21 September 2016

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday,
21 September 2016 at 2:00pm ET for 90 minutes.

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

This is the phone number for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
Code: 902213

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on
irc.freenode.org.  The IRC channel is used for exchanging
URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects
of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (17 July 2016, revised 19 September 2016).
3. Next meeting: 19 October 2016
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

  a. Norm to review the non-normative XML Schema version of 5.1 to make sure it has all the latest changes.

  b.  Norm to complete his XInclude implementation.
       Closed. The Working Group for XInclude has closed down, so in the short term, the current version of XML Calabash (14 August 2016) is the latest.

  c.  Bob to investigate assembly for XInclude equivalents.
       Completed: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201608/msg00003.html

  d.  Bob will discuss with Norm how Publisher's fits into the Github structure.

  e.  Scott will verify that the items accepted for Publisher's 1.1 are represented in a schema, make that schema available, and respond to the email.
       STATUS: Scott verified the missing version, but could not find the source files. He will re-create them, but it will take some time.

  f.  Jirka will contact Norm about transitioning the DocBook schema files so that he can make edits to them as we proceed with changes beyond version 5.1.
      STATUS: Jirka is sorting out access issues on docbook.org, but he expects to complete this action before the September meeting.

7.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To find an RFE by number, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0

   247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

  RFEs under discussion

  Ticket  Tracker
   260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
   273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
   291   3491860  license tag  (hold for 5.2)
   306            Allow Block Elements inside abstract

  To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):

   Github Issues
   6     Add buildtarget element
   7     Allow revnumber inline.
   53    Extend article @class with other and otherclass
   54    Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema
   55    Add <danger> to list of admonitions

No new RFEs or issues this month.

Best regards,
Dick Hamilton
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]