OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - Meeting Minutes 21 September 2016 uploaded

Submitter's message
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 September 2016

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday,
21 September 2016


1. Roll call
Present: Jirka, Scott, Larry, Bob, and Dick. Quorum met.

2. Accepted the minutes of the two previous meeting
(17 July 2016 [1], revised 19 September 2016 [2], and 17 August 2016 [3]).

3. Next meeting: 19 October 2016

4. Review of the agenda.
Added item 6.

5. Review of open action items

a. Norm to review the non-normative XML Schema version of 5.1
to make sure it has all the latest changes.
NEW ACTION: Assigned to Jirka.

b. Norm to complete his XInclude implementation.
CLOSED. The Working Group for XInclude has closed down,
so in the short term, the current version of XML Calabash
(14 August 2016) is the latest.

c. Bob to investigate assembly for XInclude equivalents.
COMPLETED: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201608/msg00003.html

d. Bob will discuss with Norm how Publisher's fits into the Github structure.
COMPLETED: All in one directory; fits in easily.
NEW ACTION: Jirka will create a branch on 5.1 for publishers scheme

e. Scott will verify that the items accepted for Publisher's 1.1 are represented
in a schema, make that schema available, and respond to the email.
COMPLETED: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201609/msg00010.html

f. Jirka will contact Norm about transitioning the DocBook schema files
so that he can make edits to them as we proceed with changes beyond version 5.1.
STATUS: Jirka has implemented all approved RFEs in the RELAX NG schema. He still needs
to sort out access issues. schemas are attached to this mail message:

NEW ACTION: Bob to talk with Norm about the future of the Definitive Guide.

Question: is XSD becoming less important enough to drop? Maybe drop from alpha and beta versions. Or, maybe announce that as of DocBook 6 we will not support XSD.

NEW ACTION: Bob will send note to DocBook list asking for the impact if we remove support for XSD in DocBook 6.0.

6. DocBook 5.1
Review in progress, ends on November 3. No comments so far.

7. Review of Requests for Enhancement
No new RFEs since July meeting.

To find an RFE by number, enter the URL (on one line):


RFEs to revisit for 6.0

247 1907003 biblioid content model too broad

RFEs under discussion

Ticket Tracker
260 2820947 Ability to transclude text
273 3035565 Allow sections at any level
291 3491860 license tag (hold for 5.2)
306 Allow Block Elements inside abstract

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):

Github Issues
6 Add buildtarget element
7 Allow revnumber inline.
53 Extend article @class with other and otherclass
54 Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema
55 Add to list of admonitions

No new RFEs or issues this month.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201607/msg00003.html
[2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201609/msg00006.html
[3] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201608/msg00008.html

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: Meeting Minutes 21 September 2016

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS DocBook TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2016-09-21 12:09:11

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]