OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - Meeting Minutes 19 October 2016 uploaded

Submitter's message
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 October 2016

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday,
19 October 2016 at 2:00pm ET


1. Roll call
Present: Jirka, Scott, Larry, Bob, and Dick

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (21 September 2016).

3. Next meeting: 16 November 2016

4. Review of the agenda.
No changes.

5. Review of open action items

a. Jirka to review the non-normative XML Schema version of 5.1 to make sure it has all the latest changes.

b. Jirka to create a branch on 5.1 in Github for the publisher's schema.
CONTINUED. Jirka will work with Scott so Scott can start using the branch.

c. Jirka to sort out access issures for transitioning the DocBook schema files to Github.

NEW ACTION: Jirka: announce, on the DocBook mailing list, that the schema files for the beta release of DocBook v5.2 are on GitHub

d. Bob to talk with Norm about the future of the Definitive Guide

e. Bob will send a note to the DocBook list asking for the impact if we remove support for XSD in DocBook 6.0.
COMPLETED. Bob sent a note and has received comments, which we will discuss at the next meeting.

NEW ACTION: Dick: add agenda item to discuss XSD support in 6.0 at the next meeting.

6. DocBook 5.1: Review in progress, ending on November 3. No comments so far.

7. Review of Requests for Enhancement

We reviewed all open RFEs and cleaned up the list. TC agreed to move any remaining open items in Sourceforge to Github, resolve the rest as closed, turn off the tracker in Sourceforge, and use Github for all future RFEs. Scott noted that there are RFEs in Sourceforge for the Publisher's Schema, but they are separate from the DocBook RFEs and can be handled separately.

To find an RFE by number, enter the URL (on one line):


Open RFEs on sourceforge

Resolution for each RFE is show in parenthesis after that item.

Ticket Tracker
260 2820947 Ability to transclude text (CLOSE, NO CHANGE. Assembly and XInclude cover this)
273 3035565 Allow sections at any level (CLOSE, fixed by assembly)
291 3491860 license tag (MOVE to Github and hold for 5.2)
306 Allow Block Elements inside abstract (CLOSE, approved for 5.2)

Open items in sourceforge, but not previously listed in the minutes.
312 DocBook Transclusion: allow prefix in trans:idfixup (CLOSE, NO CHANGE)
311 Add to the list of admonitions (CLOSE, duplicate of closed Github 55)
310 Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema (CLOSE, duplicate of Github 54)
309 Extend article @class with other and otherclass (CLOSE, uplicate of Github 53)
308 Support images in multiple resolutions (CLOSE, resolved in 5.1)

NEW ACTION: Bob: close out all items on the sourceforge tracker, move 291 to Github, and either close the tracker or add a note directing users to Github for RFEs.

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):

Open Github Issues (All still open for v5.2 or later):
6 Add buildtarget element
7 Allow revnumber inline.
53 Extend article @class with other and otherclass
54 Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema

Open item in Github, but not previously listed in the minutes:
52 Allow multimediaparam in imagedata (Bob will check whether it is already in 5.1)

NEW ACTION: Bob: check whether 52 is in 5.1 and either close or flag for 5.2.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201609/msg00011.html

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: Meeting Minutes 19 October 2016

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS DocBook TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2016-10-19 16:51:40

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]