Subject: DocBook 5.1 branch

Hi folks,

(I wonder if I can still send email to this list?)

I just added a docbook-5.1 branch to the repo. I think I got the last
commit that was bound for 5.1. I propose that for each release, the TC
create a branch that marks the head of that release.

I was motivated to do this because I needed to go back and get the 5.1
schemas to update The Definitive Guide.

We could rearrange things further and create a plan that says:

1. The master branch is always the most recent official schema.
2. Create a ‘develop’ branch and say that’s always the bleeding edge.
3. Create branches for each release.

As it stands today, ‘master’ is ‘develop’ which is maybe ok.

If it occurs to you that we should go back and make a few more
branches, well, yes, I see the appeal. I think things got a bit
tangled around 5.0. There’s a docbook-rewind50 branch that attempts to
mark the head of 5.0, but I’m not convinced it’s perfect.

I don’t know if it would be possible/useful/practical to try to dig
back further.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | A man can believe a considerable deal
http://nwalsh.com/            | of rubbish, and yet go about his daily