OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - Meeting Minutes 17 January 2017 uploaded

Submitter's message
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 January 2017

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday,
18 January 2017 at 2:00pm ET


1. Roll call
Bob, Larry, Jirka, Scott, and Dick

2. Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (21 December 2016).

3. Next meeting: 15 February 2017

4. Review of the agenda.
Nothing added

5. Review of open action items

a: Jirka: Port changes in publisher's schema back to 5.1 on Github.

b: Bob will announce discontinuation of support for XSD starting with 5.2.

c: Bob will give Chet Ensign feedback about the standards process.

d: Bob will talk with Norm about RFE 72 and report back to the group.

e: ALL: Review open RFEs in preparation for the January meeting.

Jirka: Investigate best method to resolve Github issue 52, after March, 2017.
Jirka: Re-open Github issue 53 and assign it the label "accepted"
Larry: Investigate whether we have already implemented Github 54
Dick: For Github issue 71, investigate to see how we might add a license
link to legalnotice using class, info, or other existing markup.
Bob: Talk with Norm to clarify Github issue 72

6. Review of Requests for Enhancement

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):

All open issues were reviewed.
We agreed that for 5.2 and later releases, we will mark Github issues
with the tag vXX (where XX is the release) to identify the release it
it targeted for, then if we accept the issue, we will add the tag
"accepted" to make it easy to find all items accepted for a
particular release. We will not close an issue until it has been
implemented (or rejected).

Here are notes on each currently open issue:
NOTE: several action items were opened and closed during the meeting.
these are noted below. The only action items shown under NEW
ACTIONS are those that were open at the end of the meeting.

6 Add buildtarget element
Suggestions include:
- Use existing tag, systemitem, or function elements.
- Use a broader element, e.g., target
- Create a new buildtarget element
- Another element name that allows for branching.
- Are we trying to explain a build language?
Concern about whether we lose clarity if we go broader.
Scott posted a request for clarification on Github and we received
a reply immediately with an example. Leave open for discussion
next month.
7 Allow revnumber inline.
APPROVED for v 5.2
52 Allow multimediaparam in imagedata
Couldn't resolve previously because it was targeted to HTML5. Now
the situation has changed with 5.1, so it is a good time to look into this.
Jirka will investigate after March, 2017.
53 Extend article @class with other and otherclass [ closed on 9/18/2016 ]
Re-opened and marked "accepted".
54 Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema
Larry will investigate.
71 license tag (migrated from sourceforge)
Dick will investigate.
72 The DocBook websites should really be using https
Can get certificate for free for open source projects.
Bob will talk with Norm about which sites need https and which already
have it.
74 (Re)allow recursive use of optional
APPROVED for 5.2.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201612/msg00008.html

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: Meeting Minutes 17 January 2017

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS DocBook TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2017-01-18 12:30:30

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]