Subject: DocBook Meeting Agenda for Wednesday February 15, 2017

Here is the agenda for tomorrow’s meeting.
Since I was late getting this out, I didn’t have time to ask for status on action items. If anyone has advance status, please let me know and I will update the agenda.

Best regards,
Dick
====================
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 15 February 2017

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday,
15 February 2017 at 2:00pm ET

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

This is the phone number for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
Code: 902213

Agenda

1. Roll call

2. Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (18 January 2017).

3. Next meeting: 15 March 2017

4. Review of the agenda.

5. Review of open action items

  a:  Jirka: Investigate best method to resolve Github issue 52, after March, 2017.
       CONTINUE
  b:  Jirka: Re-open Github issue 53 and assign it the label "accepted"
  c:  Larry: Investigate whether we have already implemented Github 54
  d:  Dick: For Github issue 71, investigate to see how we might add a license
                link to legalnotice using class, info, or other existing markup.
  e:  Bob: Talk with Norm to clarify Github issue 72 and determine which
               sites need https and which already have it.

6. Add buildtarget element (continue discussion on Github issue 6). Notes from last month:
        Suggestions include:
           - Use existing tag, systemitem, or function elements.
           - Use a broader element, e.g., target
           - Create a new buildtarget element
           - Another element name that allows for branching.
           - Are we trying to explain a build language?
           Concern about whether we lose clarity if we go broader.

7.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

  To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):
  https://github.com/docbook/docbook/issues/NUMBER

  6     Add buildtarget element
  7     Allow revnumber inline.
  52   Allow multimediaparam in imagedata
         See action a: above.
  53   Extend article @class with other and otherclass [ closed on 9/18/2016 ]
         See action b: above.
  54   Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema
         See action c: above.
  71   license tag (migrated from sourceforge)
         See action d: above.
  72   The DocBook websites should really be using https
         See action e: above.
  74   (Re)allow recursive use of optional

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201701/msg00003.html