Subject: Groups - Meeting Minutes 15 March 2017 uploaded

Submitter's message
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 February 2017

The DocBook Technical Committee failed to meet quorum for its March meeting. All business
has been postponed until our next meeting, which will be April 13, 2017.

The following open action items were completed or have had progress reported since February.

a: Jirka: Investigate best method to resolve Github issue 52, after March, 2017.
>> CONTINUED

b: Jirka: Re-open Github issue 53 and assign it the label "accepted"
>> COMPLETED

c: Larry: Investigate whether we have already implemented Github 54
>> Some functionality is included, but some isn't. Therefore, allowing XInclude could
be useful. Larry volunteered to generate some sample cases to show where XInclude
would be useful.
CONTINUED

d: Dick: For Github issue 71, investigate to see how we might add a license
link to legalnotice using class, info, or other existing markup.
>> The issue has updates reported in github. We will add an agenda item to next
month's meeting to discuss this issue.

e: Bob: Talk with Norm to clarify Github issue 72 and determine which
sites need https and which already have it.
>> Bob exchanged email with Norm, and Norm said he filed the RFE because it is now
considered good practice to use https for sites where people download files. Currently,
the official sources of DocBook schemas and stylesheets (oasis-open.org and github.com)
use https, but docbook.org does not. Looking at oasis-open.org and docbook.org, we
found that the main page for DocBook at oasis-open.org does not refer to 5.1 and docbook.org
also does not refer to 5.1. It is possible, that if docbook.org pointed to the currently https
locations of the schemas, we might not need to have https in place for that site.
>> CONTINUED. Add to agenda for April meeting.

f: TBD: Update docbook.org to include official 5.1 and point to OASIS for official releases on docbook.org.
>> CONTINUED. Add to agenda for April meeting.

g: Bob: Update the OASIS front page for 5.1.
>> COMPLETED

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: Meeting Minutes 15 March 2017

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton