OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - Meeting Minutes 17 May 2017 uploaded

Submitter's message
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 May 2017

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday,
17 May 2017 at 2:00pm ET


1. Roll call
Scott, Bob, Larry, and Dick. Jirka Kosek joined as a guest.

2. Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (19 April 2017)
>> Accepted

3. Next meeting: 14 June 2017

4. Review of the agenda.
>> Added item to discuss meeting date chage..

5. Review of open action items

a: Jirka: Create more examples and provide more options to resolve Github issue 52
>> COMPLETED: Jirka sent a message, which has been resent to the TC.

b: Larry: Investigate whether we have already implemented Github 54
Follow up from February's meeting: Larry volunteered to generate
some sample cases to show where XInclude would be useful.
>> CONTINUED: Larry sent email to requester to find an example. Will discuss when
we have examples to consider.

c: Dick: For Github issue 71, investigate to see how we might add a license
link to legalnotice using class, info, or other existing markup.
>> COMPLETED: see discussion in item 6 below.

d: Larry: Come up with a list of alternatives to the proposed buildtarget element using current elements.
Discussed at last meeting. Larry agreed to initiate an exchange on the mailing list to look at this issue
from a broader viewpoint.

e: Bob: Talk with Norm to clarify Github issue 72 and determine which
sites need https and which already have it.
Expand issue to have Bob ask Norm about getting broader permissions on docbook.org.
>> COMPLETED: Bob will distribute information to members who have permissions to make changes.

f: Scott: Set up WebEx connection for future meetings.

5.1: Meeting times.
Agreed to move to meetings to 2nd Wednesday of the month, same time.
ACTION: Bob: change meeting schedule in OASIS calendar.
ACTION: Scott: set up recurring WebEX meeting for TC meetings.

6. Discuss how we might add a license link to legalnotice using class, info,
or other existing markup. (Github issue 71)
>> Example at: https://article.tree.se/tools/docbook/cc.en.xml
>> Bob: Using a license element inside copyright may be too restrictive.
>> Jirka: Why not use rdfa attributes? Maybe create an example using rdfa attributes
>> Larry: Licensing is so critical that a license element could make sense.
>> Larry: Maybe add class to legalnotice to identify it as a license.
>> Larry: Need licenses all over the place, including inline elements.
>> Bob: info element is in all the right places, so we could put something in info
rather than create a new example.
ACTION: All: send Larry use case examples for adding license information to content.
ACTION: Larry: create some use case examples for adding license information and include any use cases contributed by other TC members.

7. DocBook TC representation at the OASIS award ceremony.
>> TC nominated for an award at a ceremony in NYC. No one will be able to be in NYC on the correct.
ACTION: Bob: talk with Chet Ensign about possible virtual presence or other possibilities for the OASIS award ceremony.

8. Plans to recruit new members to the TC.
>> Bob: Should we ask broadly or just invite individuals?
>> Group agreed that we should ask broadly.
ACTION: Bob: draft a broadcast message inviting interested people to join the DocBook. He will distribute this to TC before broadcasting the message.

9. We received the following message from Kevin Mangold. Let's discuss and send him feedback:

I am contacting you on behalf of the OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB). We are putting together a manual that new and existing editors can use to facilitate development of their respective project(s). We are hoping that your experience as a TC Secretary that you would be able to help provide some feedback (this email is only going out to TC Chairs and Secretaries -- you may wish to forward this to your TC for further discussion).

If you could provide a couple of items/topics you would think would add value to this manual, that would be fantastic! Also, any tips or tricks you or your TC has learned through its own development is helpful, too.

Thank you and your help is much appreciated!

>> Already some documentation out there on process, but it isn't in the form of a manual.
>> Scott: Document the tools available to TCs.
>> Scott: Typical sections that are part of a specification.
>> Scott: Managing the work of sub-committees.
>> Dick: FAQ for TCs with pointers to rules.

ACTION: All: send Dick ideas about what should be included in an OASIS manual for TCs
ACTION: Dick: on Wednesday, May 24, send email to Kevin with our suggestions about what should be included in an OASIS manual for TCs.

10. Review of Requests for Enhancement

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):

Open Issues (Note: items that have been accepted are still open on Github until included
in a release, but they are not listed here):

6 Add buildtarget element
See action d: above.
52 Allow multimediaparam in imagedata
See action a: above.
>> HTML5 allows additional information for responsive media. Jirka proposed
>> using multimediaparam element, which can include media specific parameters.
>> Allow multimediaparam in more places (any *data element).
>> Need a proposal for modifying the schema.
ACTION: Jirka: generate updated schema for 5.2 that allows multimediaparam in imagedata.

>> Meeting adjourned at this point (14:05 EDT). Remaining items continued to next meeting.

54 Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema
See action b: above.
71 license tag (migrated from sourceforge)
See action c: above.
72 The DocBook websites should really be using https
See action e: above.
78 Schema website should be updated
See action e: above.

Items 82, 83, 84, 85, and 86 are now tagged for the publisher's schema and will be omitted from
the TC minutes going forward.

88 DB 5.0: @name -> title change not published on docbook.org
91 Allow types (when used in method and function) to be more than 1 type.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201704/msg00008.html

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: Meeting Minutes 17 May 2017

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS DocBook TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2017-05-17 12:39:14

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]