OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - Meeting Minutes 14 June 2017 uploaded

Submitter's message
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 14 June 2017

The DocBook Technical Committee met Wednesday, 14 June 2017


1. Roll call
>> Bob, Dick, Larry, and Scott

2. Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (19 April 2017)
>> Accepted

3. Next meeting: 12 July 2017

4. Review of the agenda.
>> No added items.

5. Review of open action items

a: Bob: change meeting schedule in OASIS calendar.

b: Scott: set up recurring WebEX meeting for TC meetings.

c: All: send Larry use case examples for adding license information to content.

d: Larry: create some use case examples for adding license information and include any use cases contributed by other TC members.

e: Bob: talk with Chet Ensign about possible virtual presence or other possibilities for the OASIS award ceremony.
COMPLETE: Ceremony may be broadcast, but there will be no way to interact remotely.

f: Bob: draft a broadcast message inviting interested people to join the DocBook. He will distribute this to TC before broadcasting the message.
CONTINUED: Message was sent to TC, and after today's meeting, Bob will revise the draft with committee input.

g: All: send Dick ideas about what should be included in an OASIS manual for TCs

h: Dick: on Wednesday, May 24, send email to Kevin with our suggestions about what should be included in an OASIS manual for TCs.

i: Jirka: generate updated schema for 5.2 that allows multimediaparam in imagedata.

6. Future of DocBook
No major changes in the near future.
Some discussion about Markdown/AsciiDoc. We don't see an immediate need for the TC
to address simplified markup languages for DocBook.
Bob: should we consider promoting DocBook more strongly, esp. since assemblies provide good
support for modular methodologies.
Scott: worthwhile to do some promotion
Scott: we should consider support to deliver DocBook content to augmented reality platforms.
Scott: there is an augmented reality committee at OASIS, which is still in early stages and moving slowly.
Scott: possibly add hooks/metadata that would make it easier to integrate content into AR systems.
TC agreed that we will keep an eye on these standards and projects.
Scott: we may also want to consider delivery to eLearning platforms.
Scott is on the DITA TC eLearning subcommittee, so he will keep an eye on that work.
Here are a few links related to AR and eLearning:
AR: https://developer.apple.com/arkit/
AR: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augmented_Reality_Markup_Language
AR: https://github.com/jeromeetienne/ar.js
eLearning: http://tincanapi.com/
ACTION: Bob will use this information to put together a note to complete Action f.

7. DocBook TC representation at the OASIS award ceremony
No one from the committee is able to attend.

8. Review of Requests for Enhancement

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):

Open Issues (Note: items that have been accepted are still open on Github until included
in a release, but they are not listed here):

6 Add buildtarget element

52 Allow multimediaparam in imagedata
See action i: above.
54 Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema
Status from last month: Larry requested examples.
71 license tag
See action d: above.
72 The DocBook websites should really be using https
ACTION: Bob: Look into how docbook wiki is managed and whether we
can change it.

78 Schema website should be updated
Bob distributed information about updating the website to interested parties.
ACTION: Bob: Ask Jirka whether his actions have closed this action.

88 DB 5.0: @name -> title change not published on docbook.org
ACTION: Bob: Talk with Norm and work up a history of this issue.

91 Allow types (when used in method and function) to be more than 1 type.
ACTION: Bob: ask Larry if he can take an action to look into this.

>> Meeting adjourned at 51 minutes past the hour.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201705/msg00013.html

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: Meeting Minutes 14 June 2017

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS DocBook TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2017-06-14 12:19:30

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]