Subject: Fwd: Re: access to DocBook.org?

Following up on my action item for getting docbook.org to use https, I contacted Norm who looked into it. He found that although Github that hosts the site can do it for the github.io domain, it cannot do it for custom domain names like docbook.org. The link that Norm provided below gives more details.

Bob

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: access to DocBook.org?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 13:59:47 -0500
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
To: Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
That is an interesting question. If you go there with https now, you
get a security warning because the SSL cert is wrong. I don’t know how
easy that’s going to be to change. Worth a search on github docs, I guess.

Not yet, apparently.

https://konklone.com/post/github-pages-now-supports-https-so-use-it#using-your-custom-domain

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Four things come not back: the spoken
http://nwalsh.com/            | word, the sped arrow, time past, the