Subject: Groups - Meeting Minutes 10 January 2018 uploaded

Submitter's message
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 10 January 2018

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 10 January 2018
(11am PDT, 12noon MDT, 1pm CDT, 2pm EDT, and 8pm CEST)

Agenda

1. Roll call
Bob Stayton, Scott Hudson, Larry Rowland, and Dick Hamilton

2. Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (13 December 2018)
Accepted

3. Next meeting: 14 February 2018

4. Review of the agenda.
>> Add discussion of secretary position.

5. Review of open action items

a: Larry: See if we can use Jirka's suggested RDFa vocabulary
for license links for the examples Larry identified.
CONTINUE

b. All: Look for other example (e.g., Flickr) and try
out the license link vocabulary.
CONTINUE

c. Jirka: Update schema for 5.2 to allow zero or more instances of
type as described in Github issue 91.
CONTINUE

d. Bob: Update documentation related to Github issue 93
About mismatch between docs for assembly and spec.
Found another issue, so Bob will review the entire chapter
to make sure the docs match.
CONTINUE: Still finding problems with examples, so Bob is testing
all the examples.

e. Larry: design a content model for the wrapper element to
handle subfigures (Github issue 94)
COMPLETED: see [3] and item 7 below

New Item: Dick would like to hand off the secretary duties. He nominated Scott Hudson to take over.
No other nominations. Unanymous vote to name Scott as the new secretary.
ACTION: Bob will handle the Oasis notification and system changes to make Scott the official secretary.

6. Review and approve the DocBook v5.0 Errata document.[2]
>> Proposed by Bob, seconded by Scott, and approved (Larry, Dick, Bob, and Scott voted yes).

7. Discuss subfigures (Github issue 94)
Earlier today, Larry distributed a .zip file that has a RelaxNG schema and an example.
Short discussion that mostly concerned the mechanics of getting the schema correct and
handling details, such as ensuring that only subfigures of the same type can be used inside
a formalgroup.
ACTION: All: Review Larry's materials in more detail and discuss next month.

8. Social media presence for DocBook
Bob consulted with OASIS. Okay with them to have social media accounts. Norm has a DocBook
twitter account that he has shared with Bob, and we will use that account.
How to use? To raise awareness of actions (votes, calls for information, etc.)
Who would post to accounts? Should be items that are discussed by group.
Scott volunteered to handle the job of getting items posted.

9. Review of Requests for Enhancement

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):
https://github.com/docbook/docbook/issues/NUMBER

Open Issues (Note: items that have been accepted are still open
on Github until included in a release,
but they are not listed here):

6 Add buildtarget element

54 Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema

71 license tag

72 The DocBook websites should really be using https

78 Schema website should be updated

88 DB 5.0: @name -> title change not published on docbook.org

93 Diff between doc of resource element and Assembly schema

94 Allow subfigures

97 Missing bibliography in glossary
Misclassified. Should be a stylesheet issue.
ACTION: Bob will ask submitter to reclassify.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201712/msg00001.html
[2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201801/msg00000.html
[3] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201801/msg00002.html

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: Meeting Minutes 10 January 2018

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton