Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 11 April 2018

Regarding Issue 99, Add <endorsement> to <info>, I posted a query on the github page, and received the following response from Peter Fleck, who posted the original issue:

======= Response from Peter Fleck ======
So we have been using ONIX alongside Docbook for a while. Whatever is not in Docbook I tag with ONIX.

I have been thinking that we should be able to replicate most if not all that is in a book in Docbook itself. ONIX is for metadata to suppliers etc carrying information about pricing and other related material. However <endorsement> seems to me to be part of a book, in that many books have endorsements printed on the very first page or very back page and then a very small selection used on the back cover.

I am currently using <xsl:template name="front.cover"> with onix:CollateralDetail/onix:TextContent/onix:Text
========

Dick
-------
XML Press