Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook 5.0 Errata update

Yes, of course.  Should have done more testing the first time.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net
On 4/13/2018 10:12 AM, Scott Hudson wrote:

Can we test this first, to make sure it actually solves the problem? I'd hate to wait until the end and find out we still have issues…

--Scott

From: <docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
Date: Friday, April 13, 2018 at 10:58 AM
To: DocBook Technical Committee <docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [docbook-tc] DocBook 5.0 Errata update

In an unfortunately sequence of events, Jirka Kosek has discovered that the fix we were going to apply to DocBook 5.0 for the change in Schematron rules won't work.  His mail below (which did not reach the TC because he is no longer a member) describes how the update of Schematron also changed the namespace name, so adding s:title in the old namespace is simply wrong.  He suggests that we instead create a 5.0.1 release with the correct updated Schematron namespace and rules, and leave 5.0 alone as working with legacy Schematron.  Then users would have a choice.

I contacted Chet Ensign of OASIS about rescinding an Errata, and he said that is not possible. Once something becomes an OASIS Standard, it is permanent.  He said we could publish a correction on the OASIS site about the Errata being wrong and the Errata URL could point to the correction first.  I think that is sufficient for 5.0.

I don't want to wait until the next meeting to start on this.  I suggest we develop a 5.0.1 Committee Specification and pursue that as a new OASIS Standard.   Comments?

--
Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises