OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 12 September 2018

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 12 September 2018


The DocBook Technical Committee meets on Wednesday, 12 September 2018

(11am PDT, 12noon MDT, 1pm CDT, 2pm EDT, and 8pm CEST)


Meeting password: Please obtain your meeting password from Scott Hudson.

Dial-in number (US): (605) 475-4729
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/bobs00
Online meeting ID: bobs00
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/bobs00

For 24/7 Customer Care, call (844) 844-1322


  1. Roll call
    1. Regrets: Sabine Ocker

2. Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (13 June 2018) 

3. Next meeting: 10 October 2018

4. Review of the agenda. 

5. Review of open action items

a.  Bob to update Docbook.org to reflect Errata 01 once the schema is available on the site for download.

    1. Jirka will prepare a new release to incorporate <formalgroup> (5.2). COMPLETED.
      Implemented changes are:
    2. Bob to follow up with Jirka to determine why the namespace was lost (issue 88).
    3. Bob to fix the catalog as part of the 5.1 Errata 01.
    4. Larry to create a candidate for the necessary schema changes to add XInclude support for Assemblies for DocBook 5.2.
    5. Larry to create an alternative structure using legalnotice as a block, and see if legalsection is needed, or if the existing block elements would suffice.
    6. Bob to create a sample of add XInclude to assembly (enables structure as a resource) and test stylesheet mods to see if it introduces further issues.
    7. Scott to announce availability of 5.0.1 as ready for review COMPLETED.
    8. Scott to follow up with Norm to generate the 5.1 DTD and document the process for generating it. COMPLETED.
      "Several years ago, after a lot of effort, I concluded that it wasnât possible. I began working on the XSD version of DocBook by hand because I thought I could generate a DTD from that. I expect thatâs still the most practical way forward. Be seeing you, norm"
    9. Bob/Jirka to include Assembly proposals in 5.2: CONTINUED.

i.                     Grammar is used to identify a particular set of content. A matching grammar should also appear on the transform to convert the content appropriately.

ii.                   name is used to identify a particular set of content, with a matching transform to some non-standard output.

iii.                 grammar = inputs to normalize to DocBook

iv.                 name = outputs from DocBook to a non-standard format

v.                   set name OR grammar, but not both on both transform and resource

vi.                 do not use mime type for grammar

    1. Committee draft specification for 5.0.1 approved by members via email vote on 09 JUL 2018. (COMPLETED)

                                                   i.      The DocBook Schema Version 5.0.1
Committee Specification Draft 01
09 July 2018

Relax NG schemas: http://docs.oasis-open.org/docbook/docbook/v5.0.1/csd01/schemas/rng/
Schematron schema: http://docs.oasis-open.org/docbook/docbook/v5.0.1/csd01/schemas/sch/
DTD schema: http://docs.oasis-open.org/docbook/docbook/v5.0.1/csd01/schemas/dtd/
XML schemas: http://docs.oasis-open.org/docbook/docbook/v5.0.1/csd01/schemas/xsd/

8. Social media presence for DocBook

Purpose: To raise awareness of actions (votes, calls for information, etc.)


9. Review of Requests for Enhancement

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):



Open Issues (Note: items that have been accepted are still open

on Github until included in a release,

but they are not listed here):


71 license tag


78 Schema website should be updated


88 DB 5.0: @name -> title change not published on docbook.org


93 Diff between doc of resource element and Assembly schema


94 Allow subfigures (accepted)


99 Add <endorsement> to <info>


100 DocBook 5.1 catalog.xml uses incorrect version


102 Add "interface" value to systemitem class (accepted)


103 XML DTD of DocBook 5.1





[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/docbook/email/archives/201805/msg00005.html

[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/docbook/documents.php


Thanks and best regards,




Voting member:

Boeing Data Standards Technical Advisory Board

OASIS DocBook TC (Secretary), Publishers SC (Chair)

OASIS DITA TC, Tech Comm SC, LwDITA SC, Learning Content SC (Secretary)


OASIS Augmented Reality in Information Products (ARIP) TC


Scott Hudson
Content Strategist, Digital Aviation Learning and Development

Jeppesen, A Boeing Company

55 Inverness Drive East

Englewood, CO  80112

303-328-6228 | Cell: 303-350-7934




This document contains only administrative, uncontrolled data under U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations.




[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]