Subject: RE: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 14 November 2018

I thought I still had an open action item to produce a modified assembly schema with xi:include added.  Looks like it may have disappeared from being continued for so long.

However, attached please find a ZIP with:

  1. assemblyxi.rng
  2. assembly-with-xinclude.xml
  3. resource-block.xml
  4. stock-blocks.xml

File 1 is an attempt at adding xi:include to the assembly.  I started by doing a diff against docbookxi.rng, since a lot of DocBook is included in the assembly schema, and then added xi:include elements as alternate content elements for the assembly components (or so I hope).

File 2 is a sample, trying to exercise some of the include process.  Files 3 and 4 provide xinclude referenced content that allowed me to get a grasp of whether the inclusion was working as intended.

Not sure how complete the implementation is, but it seems to do at least a good deal of what was intended.  A more thorough sample project will need to be undertaken (and perhaps draft the requester to see if it does what was requested).  Hoping others can look at this and see if it needs fixing.

Regards,

Larry Rowland