Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] legalsection versus section in legalnotice

Thanks for your quick responses. If we are going to allow legalnotice outside of info, then we have do settle what class of element it will be so we can determine how it fits into other content models.Â

Most of our elements can be classified as hierarchical, block, or inline. The current legalnotice would be considered a block element and could appear anywhere within a section alongside tables and paras and figures. If a new legalnotice contains sections, doesn't that make it a kind of section itself? That is, could you put a legalnotice in the middle of a section, add subsections to it, and continue with block content after the legalnotice closing tag? We don't allow block content after a regular section.

Perhaps if it is going to be in content, then we should just call it legalsection, and allow it as another flavor of section wherever section is allowed? It could contain nested legalsections as needed.Â

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net