Subject: Re: DocBook name conflict

Goodness! I get 688 repositories in GitHub for 'docbook.'Â

I'm glad to see that this project just quietly renamed themselves.Â

Norm, to answer your question, my understanding from conversations with Jamie is that OASIS doesn't have a process in place. It is a straightforward process but one we rarely pursue because it is generally not required. We have the right to ask someone not to misuse our names with the approved name from the PTO. Generally, in cases where a concern is raised, Jamie can write a nice, lawyerly letter to the other party and they'll generally comply without a fuss.Â

If you see other uses that seem like a concern, I will be happy to follow up with Jamie on them.Â

Best,Â

/chet