OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 11 Sep 2019

I haven't heard from Sabine, but I think she is at the CIDM Best Practices conference this week. I assume she will not be able to make the meeting either, so we won't meet quorum. Should we delay a week, or cancel until next month?


Best regards,




From: "Rowland, Larry" <larry.rowland@hpe.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 8:28 AM
To: Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@jeppesen.com>, "docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org" <docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: RE: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 11 Sep 2019


Hello, Team,


I am afraid I will not be able to attend todayâs meeting.  A corporate function has been moved on top of this meeting.


I have not made it to replying about the refentry alternative to the making synopsis elements section-level elements.  Sorry.  I will do it today.


As always,

Larry Rowland


From: docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Scott Hudson
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019 11:02 AM
To: docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 11 Sep 2019


DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 11 Sep 2019


The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 11 Sep 2019

(11am PDT, 12noon MDT, 1pm CDT, 2pm EDT, and 8pm CET)


1.       Roll call

2.       Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (14 Aug 2019)

a.       accepted

3. Next meeting: 9 Oct 2019

4. Review of the agenda. 

5. Review of open action items

a.   Extension for synopsis elements

            (Issue #111)

Larry to reply to submitter about refentry or section. Need ALL to test before we can have a proposal to vote on.


b. All to test the 5.2b07, plan to vote this meeting.

c. Bob to have Norm/Jirka document the integration process. CONTINUED. Norm said he'd pull together some docs.


d. ALL: start work on action items earlier. CONTINUED

Some progress! 

e. Scott to send a reminder mid-month. CONTINUED

[still needs work!]

f.       (Issue #117 - allow info in listitem) All to test (add listitem from Aug 12 email to 5.2b07) and we can do email ballot or formal vote at next meeting.

6. Social media presence for DocBook

Purpose: To raise awareness of actions (votes, calls for information, etc.)


7. Review of Requests for Enhancement

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):



Open Issues (Note: items that have been accepted are still open

on Github until included in a release,

but they are not listed here):


120 Fix master build


71 license tag


78 Schema website should be updated


93 Diff between doc of resource element and Assembly schema


99 Add <endorsement> to <info>

Consider for Publishers.


100 DocBook 5.1 catalog.xml uses incorrect version


103 XML DTD of DocBook 5.1


112 refentry in sect1


111 DocBook Library (tentative name) - (Supercedes 107, 108, 109, 110; other issues closed by Scott 6/10).


112 refentry in sect 1 - Needs to be addressed in schema. (bug fix)
ACTION: Bob to request schema change to Jirka/Norm to add the fix.


117 Allow info in listitem 

associate some metadata with a listitem, but no place to put it.



[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201908/msg00005.html


[2] http://github.com/docbook/docbook/issues


Thanks and best regards,



Scott Hudson
Content Technology Strategist, DS&A Information and Knowledge Services

Jeppesen, A Boeing Company

55 Inverness Drive East

Englewood, CO 80112

303-328-6228 | Cell: 303-350-7934





[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]