OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 11 DEC 2019

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 11 DEC 2019


The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 11 DEC 2019

(11am PDT, 12noon MDT, 1pm CDT, 2pm EDT, and 8pm CET)


1.           Roll call

    1. Bob Stayton
    2. Scott Hudson
    3. Larry Rowland
    4. Sabine Ocker

2.           Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (13 Nov 2019)

    1. accepted

3. Next meeting: 08 JAN 2020

4. Review of the agenda. 

5. Review of open action items

a.   Extension for synopsis elements

            (Issue #111)

Need ALL to test before we can have a proposal to vote on. Larry has tested. No issues. Requester is already using in a local variant. Larry thinks it's in good shape. Need someone that is really good at schema to test (Jirka?). ACTION: Bob to ask Jirka to review.

Regarding new synopsis element:

         Bob will ask Jirka to document  and test the schema

         Larry says the Definitive Guide will need to be updated to document the schema extensions, which will require some expertise.

         Bob suggests that perhaps we could ask Norm to update the Definitive Guide.

         Larry offered to collaborate with Norm or whomever will work on this and to draft useful descriptions of the multiple programing constructs  (the  C++ vs. python extensions for example) 

         No timeline was determined for either Jirka or Normâs efforts

    1. Bob to have Norm/Jirka document the integration process. CONTINUED. Norm and Bob are in process of pulling together the documentation.

                                                                           i.      Is this still needed? TBD.

c. ALL: start work on action items earlier. CONTINUED

d. Scott to send a reminder mid-month. CONTINUED

[still needs work!]

e.       Bob to discuss process implications with OASIS for TC change

f.        Bob to request schema change to Jirka/Norm to add the fix for 112 refentry in sect 1 CONTINUED.

6. Social media presence for DocBook

Purpose: To raise awareness of actions (votes, calls for information, etc.)


7. Remaining items for v5.2 Committee Spec

1.       DocBook for Publishers v1.1, want to see this through completion.

        1. Scott: Need to add Issues 99, 86, 85, 84, 82, 81 schema and formalize the release. Could this be done by Jirka at the same time as the 5.2 release?

2.       Library proposal should be included.   

        1. Should this be a separate module? Scott: easier to exclude if someone doesnât want it.
        2. Larry: Don't know if there is an easy way to include the module by default. Scott: should be very possible in RelaxNG. Bob: not a lot of new elements, so shouldn't be too burdensome. CONSENSUS: Include by default. ACTION: Bob to discuss with Jirka to create a beta with these models.

8. Future of DocBook TC

            Bob followed up with Chet Ensign. It is fairly straightforward. Our final deliverable should be an OASIS Standard, now that it is easier to approve. Announce as part of the final review.


9. Review of Requests for Enhancement

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):



Open Issues (Note: items that have been accepted are still open

on Github until included in a release, but they are not listed here):


71 license tag


78 Schema website should be updated


93 Diff between doc of resource element and Assembly schema


99 Add <endorsement> to <info>

Consider for Publishers.


100 DocBook 5.1 catalog.xml uses incorrect version


103 XML DTD of DocBook 5.1


112 refentry in sect1


111 DocBook Library (tentative name) - (Supercedes 107, 108, 109, 110; other issues closed by Scott 6/10).


112 refentry in sect 1 - Needs to be addressed in schema. (bug fix)


117 Allow info in listitem 

associate some metadata with a listitem, but no place to put it.

APPROVED: Accept info in listitem for v5.2.



[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201911/msg00002.html


[2] http://github.com/docbook/docbook/issues


Thanks and best regards,



Scott Hudson
Content Technology Strategist, DS&A Information and Knowledge Services

Jeppesen, A Boeing Company

55 Inverness Drive East

Englewood, CO 80112

303-328-6228 | Cell: 303-350-7934







[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]