Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Add meta element to info

I meant to also include a link to the Github issue that triggered this change:

Issue 153, Future use comments for XLink elements. This issue motivated the addition of a new meta element, with a proposed implementation in PR155. https://github.com/docbook/docbook/issues/153

Bob Stayton
bobs@sagehill.net
On 7/16/2020 10:16 AM, Bob Stayton wrote:

Here is the first issue from Norm's list. He has proposed:

PR 155, Add a general 'meta' element in info. The element would be <meta name="foo" content="bar"/>, and would provide a mechanism for adding miscellaneous metadata in the content attribute, with a name attribute to specify its purpose. This PR implements the change suggested in Issue #153. https://github.com/docbook/docbook/pull/155

I'm in favor of this change. It adds a lightweight (empty) element to support capturing small bits of metadata that don't fit any of the other info categories. It's limited because the data has to fit in an attribute value, but I think that's ok. I've frequently needed something like this.

Discussion?

--
Bob Stayton
bobs@sagehill.net