Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] vote on Issue #141 The definition of db._any is too narrow

Hi Bob,

I will record the votes on this issue.

I vote "yes".

Scott
Scott Hudson
Staff, Content Tools and Engineering
docs.servicenow.com <https://docs.servicenow.com/>

ïOn 7/21/20, 11:25 AM, "docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of Bob Stayton" <docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:

    [External Email]

    https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/docbook/docbook/issues/141__;!!N4vogdjhuJM!RRLob0qRCuSDDUEA6gTAWL8_r9SlHWqZ2VEYXn7x-dJvYVjsk1iiXtI1-fRjxIqrRyiCiQ$

    Norm says "The db._any pattern exists to allow 'escape hatches' in
    DocBook, places where arbitrary content is allowed. For example, info
    elements can contain arbitrary metadata.

    The current definition has two problems: it rejects HTML elements for no
    apparent reason and it's recursive so it doesn't allow DocBook elements
    to be nested inside the metadata."

    According to the issue's comments, Norm's suggested change was
    acceptable to Bob, Scott, and Jirka.  I move that the DocBook TC accept
    this proposal.  Scott, could you please second this motion and provide
    your vote.  Other voting TC members please provide your vote.  I vote yes.

    --
    Bob Stayton
    bobs@sagehill.net