Subject: discuss issue #142 Update DocBook namespace page

The URL for the DocBook namespace has an actual HTML page to provide information. The current page is out of date and can be viewed here:

https://docbook.org/ns/docbook

On the issue page (https://github.com/docbook/docbook/issues/142) I proposed new wording for the namespace page, and I include that wording here for discussion. I tried to keep it generic so it does not need to be kept up to date.

The DocBook Namespace

This page describes the DocBook XML namespace, http://docbook.org/ns/docbook. This namespace identifies a family of documents that may be valid according one or more schemas.

Prior to DocBook version 5.0, the elements of DocBook were not in a namespace. This namespace was added starting with version 5.0 released in 06 Feb 2008. All subsequent versions of the DocBook schema use this namespace.

For more information about DocBook schemas, see https://docbook.org/schemas/

--
Bob Stayton
bobs@sagehill.net