Subject: discuss issue #156 docbookxi doesn't support XInclude 1.1

https://github.com/docbook/docbook/issues/156

This issue actually has three requests in it, which are independent of each other. For reference, here are links to the two W3C documents:

XInclude 1.0:ÂÂ https://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/

XInclude 1.1:ÂÂ https://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11/

1.ÂÂ It's missing the fragid attribute.Â

This attribute was added in XInclude version 1.1, and should be supported.

2. The DocBook schema for XInclude also forbids href="" which is a bug.Â

Indeed, the W3C document describes the behavior of href="" as equivalent to a missing href attribute, which is to be treated as a reference to the current document.

3. We thought of XInclude as structural (chapters, sections), but maybe we should allow it anywhere, including in inlines.

Comments?

--
Bob Stayton
bobs@sagehill.net